AlternaTIFF ActiveX Control for WebScan
Covered by this topic
The WebChart system can efficiently scan and index the paper charts a practice currently has, as well as paper reports that most medical practices continue to receive. Further, WebChart facilitates the reception of digital documents sent via HL7 interfaces, or using such standards as LOINC. The AlternaTIFF ActiveX Control and MIEScanner Plug-in must to be installed in order for WebScan, as well as for other features, to function properly.
When working with WebScan, users may be prompted to install alttiff.cab and scancontrol.cab, the cabinet files for the ActiveX control and MIEScanner plug-in. Both of these are needed for the WebScan program and other modules within the WebChart system.
- When prompted with, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?, click Yes. This message will display twice, and the user will need to select Yes for both messages. These messages are designed to ask permission to make changes to the device, in order to install necessary components.
Add Trusted Site
Users may choose to add WebChart as a Trusted Site in their Internet Options, as a means to bypass the required permission requests discussed in the installation process, above. To add a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Options and click the Security tab.
- Within the Trusted Sites zone, click the Sites Button.
- Add the URL to the Trusted Sites field, and click the Add button.
- Click the Close button.
- Set the security level for this zone to Low.
- Select the Apply button, and then click OK to finish.
Reactivate AlternaTIFF ActiveX Control
If there are problems with the downloaded AlternaTIFF ActiveX Controls, users can choose to reactivate the controls as a means to rectify the issue(s).
To reactivate the controls, select Yes. This will reconfigure Internet Explorer to use AlternaTIFF to view TIFF files.
Once complete, users will see the AlternaTIFF confirmation message:
If issues persist, please reach out to our Help Desk at (260) 459-6270, option 1 for assistance.
Last Build: Fri, 19 May 2023 08:10:08 EDT
WikiGDrive Version: b491a582da59717ee958da4919ee86a43fce25fb