Bubble forms are designed to record discrete data and index the information as observations in the chart. Bubble forms are document type templates that have special programming marks, which allow them to make quick and easy work of collecting granular data using the WebChart WebScan module.
Generating a bubble form is as simple as navigating to the Forms Library and printing the preferred bubble form(s). Once printed, the form(s) can be completed and scanned into the WebChart system. Scanning will read the optical marks, or bubbles, and the data will be picked up and indexed upon confirmation.
In order to index data or address indexing tasks, users must have the appropriate security permissions provided. The Add Observations security permission requires a minimum of Add ability, in order to perform the necessary functions. An error notification will display if the user does not have the necessary permissions granted. To index a bubble sheet:
- Navigate to the WebScan module from the sidemenu, and find the batch with the bubble forms to index. Click the Open link for the batch.
- Once the batch opens to the Index Information screen, click the Process BarCodes button, found near the center of the toolbar, at the top of the window.
- Next, click the Bubble button on the toolbar. The system will read the optical marks (i.e., bubbles) on the form and populate the data into a confirmation pop-up window.
- Verify the values in the confirmation pop-up window. If an optical mark was not dark enough, or a bubble could not be read, changes may be updated or entered into the appropriate fields of the confirmation window. Fields with illegible marking, or that were left blank, will be skipped during processing, and the entry will display as blank. Zeroes (0) are not entered, by default.
- Click the Confirm button to confirm the observation data. This stores the discrete data in the specified chart, immediately upon confirmation. If specific fields have assigned parameters and errors are detected, a pop-up window will appear allowing for changes to be made, accordingly.
- Continue indexing any additional pages in the batch, as needed.
- After indexing the entire batch, click the Upload to Chart button to upload the indexed documents to the specified chart.
Once uploaded, the form image will be stored in the respective chart, and the discrete data will feed into the appropriate chart as observations, where they can be reviewed under the Medical Record Observations/Flowsheets chart tab. Here, the uploaded observation values can be seen in detail with the date(s) from the indexed bubble form(s).