Covered by this topic
MIE must first turn on the ability to transfer Olympus DS-330 dictation if you are using Olympus mikes. If you are using SpeechMikes, please see other help documentation named SpeechMike Dictation.
- Easy push-button operation.
- Records up to 11 hours of high-quality DSS sound.
- Includes 32MB xD removable media, available in capacities up to 512MB.
- Access your favorite features via a programmable button you can customize.
- Program up to 10 Author ID’s and 10 Work Type ID’s so you can share with other professionals with ease.
- Use the DS-3300 as a USB microphone or USB speaker when connected to a PC.
- Included cradle provides dual capability for charging the optional Ni-MH rechargeable battery pack and for quick uploads and downloads to/from a PC.
- Hands-free recording with the optional RS-25 footswitch.
- Voice Activation mode.
- File/Edit function allows you to easily insert, overwrite, partially erase files.
- Large backlit LCD provides an easy-to-see view of information such as recording time and other functions.
- High or Normal priority settings.
- DSS recording format.
- PC Link enables you to directly transfer files to a computer for editing, listening, emailing, etc.
- SP and LP recording modes.
- 1 to 5 folders/199 files per folder (up to 7 folders if customized).
- Adjustable microphone sensitivity means you can set it to Conference mode or Dictation mode.
The Olympus software has to be installed on the computer that they have the docking station hooked up to. You can do this yourself, or call our Help Desk for assistance. We recommend also having a SpeechMike as a backup to use for urgent or STAT or backup dictations.
- Make sure to always dictate in Folder A on the recorder.
- Connect recorder to the computer (either with USB cable or on cradle).
- Click on the Dictation tab on the left sidebar menu of WebChart .
- Click the Olympus Transfer link at the top of the Dictation screen.
- An Upload screen will open. Click Upload to Select the folder to upload from. Select Folder A.
- You will only do this step the first time. Select the drive of the recorder (you will only select the drive the first time you connect to a computer. The computer will remember what drive this is the next time you connect.) Browse and Select DSS_FDA drive. Click OK.
- The screen will open a Delete Confirm dialog box and it will ask if you “Do you wish to delete files after upload?” Click yes to remove the voice file off of the recorder.
- You will see that you successfully uploaded the files.
- Click [ Close Window ]
A pin number is not required to see all the physicians in the Physician drop-down choices.
The physician drop-down choice will display all users in the physician realm. The drop-down defaults to the logged in user. PINS are only needed for phone dictation.
If a user is logged in, it will check their security permission for dictation. If they are not logged in (phone dication usually) it will check the security of the pin.
You should double check that the users who log in to upload dictations from olympus players have permission to do so.
- Job Type: Most do not have specific job types entered since you are transferring a variety of different types of dictations.
- Location: Select the location where these dictations were done.
- Service Date: Select the date these dictations were done.
After uploading your transfers, you will see them listed in the Dictation pending queue of the Dictation tab. There will not be any patient names associated with them using Olympus mics. This is why it is important to do a hard stop/hard start after each patient so they transfer over individually into individual dictated files. You cannot edit dictation done and uploaded. You would dictate a separate note/file stating the correction, etc. You could create a separate work type for “correction” and task upon “dictation add” for that worktype, etc.