EPA 1 - Provide 24/7 Access to MIPS Eligible Clinicians or Groups Who Have Real-Time Access to Patient's Medical Record
Activity Weighting: High
Subcategory Name: Expanded Practice Access
Description: Provide 24/7 access to MIPS eligible clinicians, groups, or care teams for advice about urgent and emergent care (e.g., MIPS eligible clinician and care team access to medical record, cross-coverage with access to medical record, or protocol-driven nurse line with access to medical record) that could include one or more of the following:
- Expanded hours in evenings and weekends with access to the patient medical record (e.g., coordinate with small practices to provide alternate hour office visits and urgent care);
- Use of alternatives to increase access to care team by MIPS eligible clinicians and groups, such as e-visits, phone visits, group visits, home visits and alternate locations (e.g., senior centers and assisted living centers); and/or
- Provision of same-day or next-day access to a consistent MIPS eligible clinician, group or care team when needed for urgent care or transition management.
- Patient Record from EHR- A patient record from a certified EHR with date and timestamp indicating services provided outside of normal business hours for that clinician; or
- Patient Encounter/Medical Record/Claim- Patient encounter/medical record claims indicating patient was seen or services provided outside of normal business hours for that clinician including use of alternative visits; or
- Same or Next Day Patient Encounter/Medical Record/Claim- Patient encounter/medical record claims indicating patient was seen same-day or next-day to a consistent clinician for urgent or transitional care.