PSPA 20 - Leadership Engagement in Regular Guidance and Demonstrated Commitment for Implementing Practice Improvement Changes
Activity Weighting: Medium
Subcategory Name: Patient Safety and Practice Assessment
Description: Ensure full engagement of clinical and administrative leadership in practice improvement that could include one or more of the following:
- Make responsibility for guidance of practice change a component of clinical and administrative leadership roles;
- Allocate time for clinical and administrative leadership for practice improvement efforts, including participation in regular team meetings; and/or
- Incorporate population health, quality and patient experience metrics in regular reviews of practice performance.
- Clinical and Administrative Leadership Role Descriptions - Documentation of clinical and administrative leadership role descriptions include responsibility for practice improvement change (e.g. position description); or
- Time for Leadership in Improvement Activities - Documentation of allocated time for clinical and administrative leadership participating in improvement efforts, e.g. regular team meeting agendas and post meeting summary; or
- Population Health, Quality, and Health Experience Incorporated into Performance Reviews - Documentation of population health, quality and health experience metrics incorporated into regular practice performance reviews, e.g., reports, agendas, analytics, meeting notes.