AHE 7 - Comprehensive Eye Exams
Activity Weighting: Medium
Subcategory Name: Achieving Health Equity
Description: In order to receive credit for this activity, MIPS eligible clinicians must promote the importance of a comprehensive eye exam, which may be accomplished by providing literature and/or facilitating a conversation about this topic using resources such as the “Think About Your Eyes” campaign and/or referring patients to resources providing no-cost eye exams, such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s EyeCare America and the American Optometric Association’s VISION USA. This activity is intended for:
- non- ophthalmologists / optometrist who refer patients to an ophthalmologist/optometrist;
- ophthalmologists/optometrists caring for underserved patients at no cost; or
- any clinician providing literature and/or resources on this topic.
This activity must be targeted at underserved and/or high- risk populations that would benefit from engagement regarding their eye health with the aim of improving their access to comprehensive eye exams.
- Provide literature and/or facilitating a converation about this topic using resources such as the “Think About Your Eyes” campaign; or
- Refer patient to resources providing no-cost eye exams, such as the American Academy of Opthalmology’s EyeCare America and/or the American Optometric Association’s VISION USA.