AHE 7 - Comprehensive Eye Exams
Activity Weighting: Medium
Subcategory Name: Achieving Health Equity
Description: In order to receive credit for this activity, MIPS eligible clinicians must promote the importance of a comprehensive eye exam, which may be accomplished by providing literature and/or facilitating a conversation about this topic using resources such as the “Think About Your Eyes” campaign and/or referring patients to resources providing no-cost eye exams, such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s EyeCare America and the American Optometric Association’s VISION USA. This activity is intended for:
- non- ophthalmologists / optometrist who refer patients to an ophthalmologist/optometrist;
- ophthalmologists/optometrists caring for underserved patients at no cost; or
- any clinician providing literature and/or resources on this topic. This activity must be targeted at underserved and/or high- risk populations that would benefit from engagement regarding their eye health with the aim of improving their access to comprehensive eye exams.
- Provide literature and/or facilitating a converation about this topic using resources such as the “Think About Your Eyes” campaign; or
- Refer patient to resources providing no-cost eye exams, such as the American Academy of Opthalmology’s EyeCare America and/or the American Optometric Association’s VISION USA.
2018 Improvement Activities Requirements
2019 Improvement Activities Requirements
2018 MIPS Improvement Activities Fact Sheet
Scores for Improvement Activities for MIPS APMs in the 2018 Performance Period Fact Sheet
Last Build: Fri, 19 May 2023 08:10:09 EDT
WikiGDrive Version: b491a582da59717ee958da4919ee86a43fce25fb