Allergy Data Validation Test Script
This document is intended to describe and assist users with the process to validate medication allergies imported from another system. The WebChart system uses the Visit encounter to display the details related to a visit.
- Compile a list of 5-10 different charts containing multiple allergies/intolerances data from the legacy/existing system. Ensure the examples include varied complexity and multiple years of data, to address potential import discrepancies that could arise.
- Multiple monitors are recommended to assist with comparing legacy data to the data imported to WebChart .
Validate the discrete values imported to WebChart , listed in the table below.
|**Allergy Name**||Name of allergy to validate||Vicodin|
|**Alternate Name**||Alternative name of allergy||hydrocodone-acetaminophen|
Type of allergy
|**Allergy or Intolerance**||
|**Reaction/Reason**||Records the reaction or response to the allergy/intolerance being documented||Rash, Itching|
|**Start Date**||When the allergy/intolerance was first noted||10/10/2010|
|**End Date**||The date on which the allergy/intolerance was noted to stop|
|Entered By||Initials of the user entering allergy/intolerance data||BB|
|Date Modified||Records the last date the allergy was modified||3/4/2015 8:00|
- Log into the WebChart system.
- Navigate to the Quick View
, and using the portlet, perform a Chart Search for a record from the list of 8-10 charts. Tip
* Select the preferred search criteria, such as <strong>D.O.B.</strong>, <strong>Name</strong>, or <strong>EMP #</strong> (sometimes referred to as Medical Record Number, or MR#).
- Type in the appropriate value and click <strong>Search,</strong> or press enter. (For more information and instructions on searching, see Basic Initial System Information or Detailed Searching in E-Chart.)
- Verify the chart. Demographic data (e.g., Name, Status, MR#) is displayed on the Patient Header.
- Select Allergies/Medications from the Medical Record chart tab.
- Review the same patient in the legacy system and perform a side-by-side comparison. With the allergies and medications displayed, begin comparing the data by toggling between the legacy system and the WebChart system and validate. If access to the legacy system is unavailable, users may use the CSV file presented to WebChart for initial import. (video)
The Allergy Report and Allergy Report - DV can both be particularly helpful in validating data between systems.
Allergy Report: A columnar list of allergies and/or intolerances, based on specific criteria entered. For data validation efforts, it may be helpful to use this report to compare to the legacy system versus bringing up each chart, individually.
Allergy Report - DV: Lists allergies and/or intolerances with built-in DataVis (DV) tools, such as filtering, column selection, and the ability to save report perspectives. For more information, see the DataVis online help documentation.
To access and utilize these reports: