Covered by this topic
Custom documents can be designed at the storage type level. When a layout is present in the system with module=Storage Type and name=
A layout with module=Storage Type and name=
- Determine the number of the storage type for which you want to create a custom layout. This can be done by looking either in the MySQL database or at the stg_DetailView[MAX_STGTYPES] array in storage.c (approx. line 1950).
To view the storage types in MySQL run the following query:
SELECT * FROM storage_types;
- Create a new layout. Set the module=Storage Type. Set the name to be the value from the storage_type column of the storage_types table or the number shown in comments in storage.c. For example, a Lab Request is storage type 13. To create a layout for lab requests, name=13.
- Add the desired HTML to the layout. To replicate the information in the default document, follow the code in the appropriate function from the stg_DetailView array. For lab requests, this function is stg_DetailViewLabReq().
Example files are not fully functional copies of the default document rendering. Lab Request custom layout (module=Storage Type, name=13) Lab Request supplemental layout (module=wcquery, name=13 display) Lab Request custom header layout (module=Storage Type Header, name=13)
Storage types >= 1001 can be added to create a custom document rendered with a layout.
- Insert a new storage type into the storage_types table.
<1001+>,,,);INSERT INTO storage_types (storage_type, file_ext, content_type, description) VALUES (
INSERT INTO storage_types (storage_type, file_ext, content_type, description) VALUES (1001,'html','text/html','Test new storage type');
- Add a new document with the new storage type you just created. This can be done by navigating to a patient’s chart and clicking the Add Document link. Add a text document and copy the id. Then manually update the document with that id to have your new storage type.
WHERE doc_id=;UPDATE documents SET storage_type=
You can also perform a manual insert into the documents table. 3) Create a new layout. Set the module=Storage Type. Set the name to be the new storage type >= 1001. 4) Add the desired HTML to the layout.