Installing MIE Device App
There are required applications that may be needed for some programs, as well as certain functionality within the WebChart system. The following instructions intend to assist users in installing the MIE Device App and the MIE SSL App.
- Go to the Control Panel and navigate to Plugins .
- Click the Download the MIE SSL App link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- The miesslappsetup.exe will download and be used to install the application. Click the downloaded file, and follow the prompts.
- After installing the MIE SSL App, click the Download MIE Device App in the upper-right corner of the page.
- The miedeviceappsetup.exe will download and be used to install the application. Click the downloaded file, and follow the prompts.
Ensure the Device Interface portlet is available from the Quick View page. This will be used to acquire the URL of the WebChart system.
- Once installed, two new icons will appear in the system tray.
- With the necessary applications installed, navigate to the Quick View page. Click the One-time setup link in the Device Interfaces portlet and follow the prompts.
- When the one-time setup is completed, click the Get client credentials link.
- Click the Download button to save the credentials to the current PC.
- Step 9 will need to be repeated for every PC the user logs into for device interfaces.