Client Hardware and Software Specifications
The following page documents the minimum required hardware and software to properly load and run the web-based WebChart application.
Regardless of the size of the practice these hardware requirements will not change. A practice decides the number of locations and devices necessary to support their workflow; MIE can provide workflow specialists to assist with this process.
- Pentium 4 class or better or AMD equivalent
- 2 GB RAM or higher (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 1024 X 768 screen resolution or better
- Windows 10 operating system (business versions preferred)
- OS Leopard or higher
- IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and other up-to-date browsers are supported
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher is required for all ActiveX components
A few very specific features of WebChart require the richness of ActiveX (such as dictation controls, advanced diagnostic viewing of DICOM images, batch indexing of chart contents, as examples), and therefore users of those features are required to use IE.
The vast majority of WebChart content is viewable through Mozilla-type browsers, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer, without the need to load software or even ActiveX controls on a PC.
PDA & Mobile Devices
WebChart is accessible on any mobile device connected to the Internet that includes a browser. WebChart detects the use of a pocket sized device and optimizes the content for use with these devices. WebChart is tested to work with WebKit based browsers (Safari and Chrome) on mobile platforms iOS and Android.
The following software works with WebChart , but is not required:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Peripheral workstation devices used in conjunction with the WebChart application include:
- High Speed and ADF Scanners (TWAIN Compliant)
- Card Scanners (TWAIN Compliant)
- Dictation Devices (USB Microphones, Foot Pedals and Digital Recorders)
- Transcription foot pedals